Due to its thin structure, the skin around the eyes is particularly prone to early signs of damage including the appearance of eye bags and dark circles.
What are Eye Bags?
Eye bags are mild swelling, puffiness under the eyes commonly associated with ageing, however, it can appear much earlier in some people due to heredity.
What causes Eye Bags?
The skin around the eyes is lacking of oil glands, collagen and elastin fibres; therefore the eye zone is where loose or sagging skin usually appearing first.
Due to ageing, the skin tissues and muscles around the eyes weaken. As a result, some of the supporting fat moved from the upper eye lids to the lower eye lids. This fat causes the bags under the eyes to appear and makes the eyes look puffy and tired at all times.
Other factors that may cause the appearance of Puffy Eyes (Eye Bags)
Apart from ageing and heredity, there are some other factors that can trigger puffiness around the eyes such as:
- High intake of salt which causes fluid retention
- Allergies that causes inflammation and swelling
- Fatigue and lack of sleep
Unlike ageing or heredity, most of these factors only cause a temporary puffiness. Once the underlying condition is gone, the puffiness will subside.
How to get rid of Eye Bags (Puffy Eyes)
Puffy eyes are usually a cosmetic concern, not a serious medical condition. There are few things that can help reduce the appearance of puffy eyes:
1. Eat a balanced diet. It is very important to make sure that your body gets all the necessary nutrients. Drink enough water frequently throughout the day. Men need at least 2.5 litres while women need 2 litres of water per day. Dehydration can cause puffiness around the eyes.
2. Use a gentle eye cream to protect the skin around the eyes from the environmental stress and damage. PariQu Rosehip Eye Cream is particularly good as it contains Caffeine which is clinically proven to be effective in reducing puffiness and protecting the skin against free radical damage. While the Rosehip oil in this cream helps revitalise and repair skin damage, softening the signs of ageing including wrinkles, fine lines and sagging skin.
3. Few times a week, put a slice of cold cucumber over the eyes and relax for 5 to 10 minutes. Cucumber contains caffeic and ascorbic acid that help reduce fluid retention and puffiness.
4. When skin loses its elasticity, it can worsen the appearance of puffy eyes or eye bags. To help protect skin's collagen and elastin from degradation, try Henry Tianus Bio-Collagen Serum. This award-winning facial serum is supercharged with 8 active ingredients such as Resveratrol, Ferulic Acid, Nano Gold, Coenzyme Q10 and Ultra-Low-Molecular-Weight Hyaluronic Acid to restore skin's elasticity and resilience. Gently massage it into freshly cleansed skin every morning and evening to lift and firm the appearance of skin and reduce the look of wrinkles, lines and age spots.
You may also like:
Cacay Oil (Kahai Oil) for Youthful-Looking Skin. Read >>>
Saccharide Isomerate: The Vegan Hyaluronic Acid Booster. Read >>>
The Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Rose Extract. Read >>>
Why Gold Infused Skincare is Great for Your Skin. Read >>>
Antioxidants in Rice Bran Oil: Oryzanol, Ferulic Acid and Tocopherols. Read >>>
Rose & Cacay Hydrating Serum Cream: Ultra Hydrating Serum to Soothe, Protect and Help Reduce The Signs of Ageing. Read >>>
How Long does it take for Your Skin to Renew? Read >>>
Blue Chamomile & Cacay Facial Oil: Antioxidant Face Oil to Strengthen and Protect Dry Skin from Premature Ageing. Read >>>
Why Curcumin In Turmeric Is Greatly Beneficial for Your Health. Read >>>
Bio-Collagen Ageless Cream: Nano Gold Regenerating Moisturiser To Help Reduce Wrinkles, Lines and Age Spots. Read >>>