" The skin around the eyes is lacking in oil glands, collagen and elastin fibres."
Due to its thin structure, the skin around the eyes is particularly prone to signs of ageing and damage including eye bags and puffy eyes.
What are Eye Bags?
Eye bags are mild swelling, puffiness under the eyes. They are commonly associated with ageing, however, they can also appear in young people and children.
What causes Eye Bags?
The skin around the eyes is lacking in oil glands, collagen and elastin fibres; therefore it often shows the first signs of ageing.
With age, the skin tissues and muscles around the eyes weaken. As a result, the supporting fats moved from the upper eye lids to the lower eye lids, causing the appearance of eye bags and puffy eyes. They make the eyes look tired and smaller.
Some other factors that may cause Puffy Eyes (Eye Bags)
Apart from ageing and heredity, there are some other factors that can trigger puffiness around the eyes such as:
- High salt intake which causes fluid retention
- Allergic reactions that cause inflammation and swelling
- Fatigue and lack of sleep
Unlike ageing and heredity, the other factors tend to cause puffy eyes temporarily. Once the underlying condition is gone, the puffiness will subside.
“ I created Bio-Collagen Serum as a birthday present to my mum. This supreme anti-ageing serum is now the heart of my own daily skincare routine.”
Henry Tianus learn more >>>
How to get rid of Eye Bags and Puffy Eyes
There are few things that you can do to reduce the appearance of eye bags and puffy eyes:
1. Eat a balanced diet. It is very important to make sure that your body gets all the necessary nutrients. Cut down on salty foods as salt can cause water retention and puffy eyes. Drink enough water frequently throughout the day. Men need about 2.5 litres while women need about 2 litres of water a day. Dehydration can cause puffiness around the eyes too.
2. Protect the skin around the eyes from premature ageing and damage. Apply Bio-Collagen Ageless Cream which has been formulated with 24-karat gold, niacinamide (vitamin B3) and n-acetyl glucosamine (natural peptide) to reduce wrinkles, lines, dark circles and pigmentation spots around the eyes.
Be aware that the skin around the eyes is much thinner than the skin on the rest of the face. Apply eye cream sparingly to avoid temporary puffiness. If you only use Bio-Collagen Ageless Cream for the skin around the eyes, I recommend the 5ml travel size.
3. A few times a week, put a slice of cold cucumber over each eye and relax for 5 to 10 minutes. Cucumber contains both caffeic and ascorbic acids that help reduce fluid retention and puffiness.
For more tips on how to look after your skin, check out my latest Skincare Guide.
" Bio-Collagen Ageless Cream was born from a request from my customer for the best possible anti-ageing cream. Now it is the only cream I use on my skin, day and night."
Henry Tianus learn more >>>
Henry Tianus is a multi-award-winning Anti-Ageing Scientist based in London, UK. Henry Tianus has been listed as The Recognised Institute Practitioner at The Institute of Traditional Herbal Medicine and Aromatherapy (ITHMA), London (UK) since 2005. Henry Tianus's articles have been read by people in more than 100 countries with USA and UK at the top of the list. Join Henry Tianus eNewsletter to receive the latest health and wellbeing tips.
You may also like:
How Long does it take for Your Skin to Renew?
How to Prevent and Get Rid of Milia
N-Acetyl Glucosamine: How To Reduce Age Spots and Hyperpigmentation
Why Colloidal Gold Skincare is Great for Your Skin
The 4 Best Anti-Ageing Vitamins for Your Skin
The Best Hyaluronic Acid: A Guide To Facial Serums and Creams
Niacinamide (Nicotinamide) for Youthful Radiant Skin
Saccharide Isomerate: A Hyaluronic Acid Booster To Reduce Wrinkles
The 5 Best Antioxidants For Your Skin
Peppermint Strengthens and Promotes Hair Growth
The 6 Best Essential Oils To Stop Hair Loss and Regrow Hair
The 5 Best Hair Follicle Activators
6 Best Anti-Cellulite Essential Oils To Get Rid of Orange-Peel Skin
The 3 Best Vitamins for Topical Hair Loss Treatment
Rosemary Oil is as effective as Minoxidil for Androgenetic Alopecia