Niacinamide (nicotinamide) is known as the best vitamin B3 for skincare use. Unlike niacin, a different form of vitamin B3, niacinamide does not cause skin flushing and irritation. It is easily absorbed by the skin and very effective in treating various skin conditions.
The Benefits of Niacinamide For Your Skin
1. Niacinamide strengthens the skin's barrier function, prevents dehydration and irritation. A 4 weeks study involving 50 rosacea sufferers showed that niacinamide improves the overall skin condition and eases the symptoms of rosacea.
2. Niacinamide boosts the production of skin's collagen, elastin and other proteins by up to 54%, 20% and 100% respectively. Collagen is the main structural protein in the body which gives your skin its structure. Collagen levels in your skin decline with age which cause signs of ageing to appear. Clinical studies showed that niacinamide visibly reduces the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, red blotchiness and skin sallowness (yellowing) while also visibly improves skin's elasticity and firmness.
3. Niacinamide reduces acne-inflammation by 52% without causing dryness.
4. Niacinamide prevents UV-induced skin damage. A study by University of Sydney in Australia showed that niacinamide blocks different types of ultraviolet light. It reduces UV-induced skin damage and decreases the risk of skin cancer. Niacinamide also protects skin cells from blue light emitted by computers, smartphones and tablets.
5. Niacinamide brightens complexion and lightens dark spots. Niacinamide doesn't reduce the production of melanin, however, it remarkably prevents melanin pigment to reach the top layer of the skin. In a-8-week clinical-trial, niacinamide has been shown to visibly reduce the appearance of dark spots by more than 25%. The efficacy of niacinamide is dramatically increased when it is mixed with n-acetyl glucosamine.
The Best Skincare Products With Niacinamide
Both White Orchid Ultra Brightening Serum and Rose Royale Supreme Anti-Ageing Serum contain the most potent concentration of niacinamide and n-acetyl glucosamine to reduce visible signs of ageing and slow down skin ageing.
White Orchid Ultra Brightening Serum boosts skin cell renewal, helps erase dark spots and signs of ageing including wrinkles and fine lines learn more >>>
Rose Royale Supreme Anti-Ageing Serum is a super potent, ultra-concentrated serum to restore, renew and protect the skin from all ageing factors learn more >>>
Henry Tianus is a multi-award-winning Anti-Ageing Scientist based in London, UK. Henry Tianus has been listed as The Recognised Institute Practitioner at The Institute of Traditional Herbal Medicine and Aromatherapy (ITHMA), London (UK) since 2005. Henry Tianus's articles have been read by people in more than 100 countries with USA and UK at the top of the list. Join Henry Tianus eNewsletter to receive the latest health and wellbeing tips.
Scientific Sources: (1) Reduction in the appearance of facial hyperpigmentation after use of moisturizers with a combination of topical niacinamide and N-acetyl glucosamine: results of a randomized, double-blind, vehicle-controlled trial, The British Journal of Dermatology, 2010 Feb 1, 162(2), Pages 435-441. (2) Niacinamide: a B vitamin that improves aging facial skin appearance, Dermatologic Surgery, 2005 Jul, 31 (7 Pt 2), Pages 860-865. (3) Topical niacinamide reduces yellowing, wrinkling, red blotchiness, and hyperpigmented spots in aging facial skin, International Journal of Cosmetic Science, 2004 Oct, 26(5), Pages 231-238. (4) The effect of niacinamide on reducing cutaneous pigmentation and suppression of melanosome transfer, The British Journal of Dermatology, 2002 Jul, 147(1), Pages 20-31.
You may also like:
Colloidal Gold Benefits For Your Skin
How to Prevent and Get Rid of Milia?
Coenzyme Q10 Benefits For Your Skin
How Long Does It Take For Your Skin To Renew?
N-Acetyl Glucosamine Benefits For Your Skin
The 7 Best Anti-Ageing Skincare Ingredients
Is Sodium Hyaluronate better than Hyaluronic Acid?
The 4 Best Anti-Ageing Vitamins for Your Skin
The 5 Best Antioxidants For Your Skin
5 Best Anti-Wrinkle Essential Oils
Niacinamide Tones and Firms Up The Skin Around The Eyes
What Does 24K Nano Gold Skincare Do?
How To Enhance Skin Cell Regeneration
Peppermint Strengthens and Promotes Hair Growth
The 6 Best Essential Oils To Stop Hair Loss and Regrow Hair
The 5 Best Hair Follicle Activators
The 6 Best Anti-Cellulite Essential Oils
The 3 Best Vitamins for Topical Hair Loss Treatment